Wednesday, February 10, 2010

When I Grow Up...

When I was 11, I auditioned to be on a kids game show called Double Dare. I made the contestant list, but unlike my friend Mikey, the show was canned before I actually got to compete on TV for glory + a Swatch watch. Point is though, at some point during the audition, I had to run into the middle of a circle and finish the sentence, “When I’m 30, I will be…”

What did I say? Lord knows why I remember this, but I said something to the effect of, “When I’m 30, I’ll be working as a journalist in LA.” How close did I get to my 11-year-old Magic 8 ball type prediction? Put it this way. I was in LA with Lauren last year JUST before I turned 30 and now, at the delightful age of 30-and-something months, here I am WRITING about things. OMG. It’s like I was channeling the future when I opted in for a Physical Challenge!*?!!* ☺ :? emoticon emoticon.

And hey, guess what? I also write for an English language newspaper here in Mongolia. Seeing as Ulaanbaatar might as well be Compton, it would appear I am psychic.

Here’s a few pages from this week’s Mongol Messenger. I’ve got the arts sector covered, Nat pops up in a photo and Clare (Shh. She’s ghost writing or something. She took the pics too) has tackled some of the more pressing matters in Mongolia, which, all else aside, are actually extremely important, so please have a read if you get the chance.



P.S. MC Loud: Do you still have a tape of that time we went to see the REAL psychic?

5 comments:

  1. Well, LA is in uLAanbaatar.

    True story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you have always been a genius Tony.

    Equally true story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes i do still have that tape somewhere!!
    i will try and dig it out...
    any tips on how to transfer such analogue noise into little 1's and 0's???

    G

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow check you out! Article was great. Good work AK :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you. Best. Journalist. ever. (To grace the Mongol papers at the minimum. April FTW!

    ReplyDelete